Thrive Wellness Center For Women
Gynecology & Functional Medicine located in Glendale, CA
You Can Now Get Wegovy for Weight Loss Prescribed Via Telemedicine
To try Wegovy for weight loss, you will need to schedule a consultation to get your prescription. If your healthcare provider determines that you are a suitable candidate for Wegovy, they can send your Wegovy prescription to one of our partner pharmacies and have it filled—all online.
High demand for Wegovy did cause delays in filling prescriptions over the last few months but good news! Wegovy is no longer on short supply.
Thrive Wellness also offers several other medications and supplements plans to help you manage your weight. If you are considering weight management medication as part of your healthy lifestyle, consider booking a consult for Wegovy.
Thrive Wellness Center is excited to announce that we are now prescribing Wegovy for weight management!
What is Wegovy?
Wegovy is a weekly injected medication that works by mimicking a natural hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1). GLP-1 targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food consumption. The medication dose is increased gradually over 20 weeks to 2.4 mg to minimize gastrointestinal side effects.
Who is eligible to start GLP-1 Agonists like Wegovy?
Wegovy is an injectable prescription medication for adults with obesity (BMI ≥30) or overweight (excess weight) (BMI ≥27) who also have weight-related medical problems like high cholesterol, hypertension, fatty liver disease, polycystic ovarian syndrome and others, to help them lose weight and keep it off. Wegovy should be used with a reduced-calorie meal plan and increased physical activity for best results.
Do not use Wegovy if:
- you or any of your family have ever had a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) or if you have an endocrine system condition called Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2)
- you have had a serious allergic reaction to semaglutide or any of the ingredients in Wegovy
- If you have pancreatitis
Before starting Wegovy or any other GLP-1 agonist, tell your healthcare provider about any other medical conditions such as:
- problems with your pancreas or kidneys
- Type 2 diabetes and a history of diabetic retinopathy
- Depression, suicidal thoughts, or mental health issues
- Pregnancy: if you arepregnant or plan to become pregnant. Wegovy could harm your unborn baby
- You should stop using Wegovy at least 2 months before you plan to become pregnant
- Breastfeeding: if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed
- It is not known if Wegovy passes into your breast milk
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take:
prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Wegovy may affect the way some medicines work and some medicines may affect the way Wegovy works.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you are taking other medicines to treat diabetes, including sulfonylureas or insulin.
- Wegovyslows stomach emptying and can affect medicines that need to pass through the stomach quickly.
If you are not a candidate for GLP-1 agonists like Wegovy, don't despair! We can help with other safe, non-amphetamine solutions for weight management. Please read our blog about LDN therapy for more information!
To schedule your consultation for Wegovy or another weight management option, please call 323-389-9191 or you can also book online at www.ThriveWellnessLA.com